Friday 26 October 2012

Taking my medicine

The doctor doesn't think I have angina, but I have some angina tablets anyway.  Just in case.  While 'we' rule things out.  The doctor is actually lovely, though, and she is a bit baffled as to why things aren't working.  The wonderful thing is, there is a symptom.  Something is wrong.  All I need to do now is find out why. 

I picked up the tablets yesterday, and I very foolishly read the insert.  All health professionals will tell you to read the insert, just in case.  I always try to avoid them, because the list of warnings terrifies me!  I am sitting here in a state of advanced anxiety waiting for something to happen.  Of course it won't, the chances of anything bad happening are actually really small.  The chances of me getting into a right state over imagined symptoms are a lot higher.  One possible symptom is that I will get numb hands and feet.  Well I can't feel my feet properly at the best of times so at least that is one symptom I won't notice!  As long as I can keep typing. 

I read the insert because I wanted to see what it said about alcohol.  I am not actually that fussed about having a drink, I have gone years between one alcoholic drink and another, so not having a drink is unimportant.  Darling father, however, is pressing me hard about have a drink and keeps buying me tipple.  As I need to lose weight urgently, I could do without the calories.  This also applies to the sweets he keeps buying me and getting upset that I don't eat - between telling me how much I need to lose weight. 

Fortunately I am let of the next round of drinks as I am currently on antibiotics for an infected cyst (it's all glamour with me), so at least I can stay sober for the next week.  I just need to think of strategies afterwards...

No comments: