Tuesday 2 October 2012

Shopping fail

My feet are too swollen for socks.  There are not many types of shoes that I can wear.  I sent off for some from my friend ebay, and when they came the photo had been misleading.  They didn't even have proper laces, nor a tongue, you just slipped your foot in.  Which is fine, if you don't have swollen feet. 

I could cry.  I didn't even feel well enough to get them out of the box last week, I finally feel well enough and there they are - of no use at all to me.  And it is too late to send them back. 

I just feel so fed up.  I have been trying to watch my spending, I have been postponing or not doing - but here I am, wasting £15.  In the grand scheme of things £15 is not too bad, but it is a day's groceries.  It is a piano lesson for little bear, it is a bundle of books for Christmas, it is a nice joint of beef. 

Off to try and work out what to do about the trainers.  I think I know someone who may be able to use them, so they won't be wasted.  At least that is something. 

2 comments:

ravylesley said...

Sybs you sound thoroughly fed up and thats just not a good thing.I know you are disappointed about the shoes but in the whole scheme of things they are just a pair of shoes so cheer up sweetie I buy loads of stuff that doesnt fit and after a huge hissy fit I donate them to the local charity shop then at least I can feel a little better about my whoops

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Lesley - thank you for the hug, I really appreciate it. I should be able to send them back after all, so it could be worse. I suppose I am annoyed because I am usually so careful, and do not buy a lot of clothes/shoes. Perhaps I should practice more :) Upward and onward. WS xxx