Saturday 20 October 2012

Stress? What Stress?

Evil cat is fine, she has been curled up on a pile of cleaned and ironed washing, sleeping soundly and shedding with vigour.  I shall have to shave little bear's trousers before he wears them.  I am still recovering from sitting on her yesterday.  She said such a rude word, I blushed while I was shaking and hanging on to the arm of the chair in shock.  The trouble is, evil cat believes that not only is she about four times her actual size but also that she has the first claim on any spot in the house.  She also likes to climb under blankets, duvets and throws - like the throw that was on my chair last night.  I am surprised she hasn't yet been utterly squashed.  I think it is the size of her personality that protects her.

I am also waiting to see what happens with my washing machine.  I have a huge grey, slightly padded sort of taffeta type throw/eiderdown I got extremely inexpensively from TKMaxx.  It is a lovely thing, I got it for OH's bed to top up the warmth in winter.  It got pushed in a heap to the floor at the bottom of the bed - where it got mildew remover on it.  I have managed to fit it into the washing machine (just) and put it on a extra long wash (at a low temperature!).  If it survives the experience I am claiming it for myself - as long as it is free of mildew remover.  It looks like it may have rotted the fabric and I will have to bin it, though I will see. 

And I have just tried uploading the Forgotten Village to Smashwords.  I used to format documents regularly, I worked as a secretary, I could make word processing programmes do anything I wanted.  I could insert and twist and play with the spaces and have a lot of fun.  It is supposed to take two hours to format.  I took a lot longer.  And I said some words that made evil cat blush (perhaps that was why she was hiding under the throw instead of just lurking there undercover to plot evil).  But it is up, and fingers crossed it looks okay.  I didn't get a chance to preview. 

So I am grumbling and tensing and muttering (especially about page breaks in the Smashwords Edition) and really - it's nothing.  If this is the extent of the stress then I am very lucky.  And I am very lucky and it is time for me to remember my blessings.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Surely you know by now that all pieces of furniture are purchased solely for use by the house cat at whim!

Wannabe Sybil said...

...and cushions, and blankets, and duvets... lol! You are so right WS xxx