Monday 5 November 2012

Continuing with Morrisons

Little bear is not well, and I think it is a few days before he hits the peak of it.  Sigh.  I am not feeling very well - lots of chest pains and very tired. 

However OH works near a Morrisons and often pops in there for lunch.  He also gets his petrol from there, so the vouchers come in very useful for that.  I have instructed him to buy two bottles of Jack Daniels at £18 per bottle, which is an okayish price.  I always get that for OH's brother in law for Christmas and his early January birthday.  I don't know if it lasts a few weeks or all year, or even if he has a shelf of them, but he likes it, it doesn't need dusting, and to be honest I have no idea what to get him otherwise.  I also asked OH to pick up a bottle of Three Barrels brandy at £11 for a bottle and as that is restricted per customer, I think I am safe in thinking that is a decent price.  It is cheaper than the own brand stuff I smashed last week. 

So that hits the £40 target for this week.  If I get there next week, great.  If not, never mind.  None of the stuff bought was really for the sake of it. 

I wished Morrisons delivered.  I really do like their stuff.  However, all things being equal, I think I will get an Asda order in and see what happens. 

2 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

Hi, I hope you and little bear both feel better soon - you have had a rough year with your health.
I usually shop mostly at Sainsburys (cos it's within walking distance) and I get most of my bargains there, sometimes Tesco and Asda, but am looking forward to trying Morrisons soon, there is one being built close to me which will open for Christmas so I am lucky, all these supermarkets within easy reach so I can 'cherry pick' all their best offers, but I still live in a semi-rural area.

Wannabe Sybil said...

I think we should show the supermarkets the same loyalty that they show to us! WS xxx (who is a tart with supermarkets)