Tuesday 6 November 2012

I am poorly again

Yesterday I explained to my GP about the huge crushing pain I had had in my sleep.  He pointedly asked why I had not called 999 at the time and I looked a bit shifty.  I couldn't have disturbed the house in the early hours, though I have been feeling a bit rubbish over the weekend.  Snails overtook me when I went out to get some mouth ulcer stuff for little bear I was walking so slowly, and embarrassingly, it was my top speed. 

So I spent a large portion of yesterday in a cardiac ward, without internet access.  I felt bereft.  Fortunately I had the netbook darling uncle gave me so playing patience helped to keep me sane.  It was also quite cold.  I always remembered hospitals as places that were overheated, but I was frozen!

The net result - I am poorly.  They are a bit worried.  There is no doubt there is something wrong, potentially something quite badly wrong.  They have no idea what it is.  My heart is fine - I apparently had some really good heart attack symptoms, but the tests that they can do show that nothing happened.  Actually heart seems to be doing well.  Kidneys are fine.  Liver is fine.  Everything is fine.  The doctor was muttering about lung function but made no secret that he was rather clutching at straws.  He also suggested I lose weight and suggested slimming world or weight watchers.  This is usually the last resort of a medic faced with a patient that should be fine. 

I am home now, after spending a lot of time fretting about little bear.  We are 'waiting to see what happens'.  I will try and catch up with loads of knitting and make the use of the enforced rest.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

I so wish some of us lived closer to you! I feel useless that I cannot come and do anything for you - apart from sending you our good wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. Hugs xx

Kitty Greene said...

Strewth WS - please take care and do as you're told by the powers that be !!
sending you healing hugs ........

Kitty Greene said...

OK - SO THIS IS NOT FUNNY !(well actually it is) so hope it gives you a titter)
when completing the security thingy i.e. words and numbers, guess what the last one said ?

are you ready for this ?
It said 'oy sicko'
YES IT DID - REALLY
please see the funny side !

Wannabe Sybil said...

Wean - it is very funny! I love things like that

Thank you so much for the hugs. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! It does mean alot - Thank you! WS xxx