Wednesday 28 November 2012

Is this clear thinking?

I popped into our lovely chippy yesterday.  As I was waiting for darling father's fish (cooked to order - it is a brilliant chippy), they told me that someone had made a huge hole in their cellar wall, where it was exposed at the back.  They had made a massive space, taken loads of bricks away and left the poor owner with a headache.  Fortunately they didn't take anything with them. 

I thought about this for a bit.  Someone must have planned it carefully, as while it was at the back of the chippy, there are houses and flats overlooking it and a big main road nearby.  If it was too quiet any noise would be overheard, but unless all was absolutely still there was a good chance of getting seen.  Then someone must have organised tools and such, and gone to a lot of physical effort to get into a shop.  I don't know much about making a hole in a wall, but it can't be that easy or houses would always be falling down.

All I could think was, if they put that much effort into a regular, non-criminal job, I bet that they would be really successful.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Were they planning to get in to steal something, or did they steal the bricks? A little confused...

Hope you are feeling better now, and getting some Cleaning done - I cleaned the bathrooms today and did three loads of washing. Tonight I have made some cakes for a church group tomorrow, so I have done enough for one day xx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Apparently other places have been done locally, and the hole is to steal things, but they got away with nothing! The cellar was full of potatoes!

And you have been so much more active than I have! I am impressed! WS xxx