Monday 26 November 2012

The Vet has Visited

And evil cat is good for a while yet.  No odd lumps and bumps, nothing to be too worried about, and her heartbeat is extremely slow and steady.  Unlike mine as she yowled, growled and threatened hellfire during the whole procedure.  However it was the Young Vet (yes, near retirement age) who had no problems with her whatsoever. He just calmly carried on, despite the dreadful death threats from evil cat. 

Of course, evil cat is still playing the old, 'let's make the human panic' game.  Yesterday she found a few bits of dried up cat food, pushed her lovely fresh catfood out of the way and crunched.  So I went out and go a box of dry catfood and she chomped through that with a great deal of gusto.  She shouldn't have dry food, she has iffy kidneys.  However both the vet and I share the view that at the moment she is enjoying life, she is relatively spry, lots of attitude, and the more we can keep her fed then the longer we will 'enjoy' the company of the skinny old girl.  Honestly, I picked her up when she escaped into the kitchen and it was like fur covered mechano with a growl.  I call her a fleabag, but I don't think there is anywhere a flea could actually bite into. 

So the medicine continues, evil cat continues, and I should really actually get started on Operation Christmas Clean.  And I will - any minute now!

No comments: