Sunday 11 November 2012

Shopping fail

I am trying to empty the dratted freezer.  I am getting extremely fed up of the freezer.  It needs to be a lot emptier to defrost sensibly.  However darling father wanted to go to the nearby garden centre and I could do with picking up a few bits of meat, so I agreed to go to the farm shop.

Haigh's farm is comparatively near.  It is a reasonable drive, I could get the bus but getting frozen stuff back would be a bit of a challenge.  Besides, I get twitchy about meat, I like to get it into the fridge/freezer as soon as I can.  So off we trundled with OH kindly driving us.

Haigh's farm has lots of meat which is locally killed, and various frozen sort-of-home-made ready meals and some frozen pies.  I was really looking forward to one of the frozen pies, as I have heard great things about them.  They had sold out.

Sigh.  I had little bear being an absolute horror and bouncing around and darling father was being very keen - and I didn't stand a chance.  I completely failed at shopping restraint.  I came home with a lot of meat.  I got three large brisket joints for £19.50, two meals worth of diced lamb, a meat pie for tonight (alas, not one of the famous frozen ones), sausages, a big pack of the pot herb vegetable type things and ham for little bear's dinners.  Darling father and OH loaded up on the frozen ready meals.  I won't be defrosting the freezer I think for another three weeks.  On the other hand, I won't need much in the way of meat for another three weeks. 

I shall wait and see how the meat 'eats'.  I have had very good experiences, so fingers crossed.  And on the bright side I can focus on using up all the frozen veg.  Then all I need to do then is defrost the dratted thing and try and get the stuck drawer to work again.  If that fails I shall seriously start thinking about a new freezer. 

No comments: