Tuesday 19 October 2010

And I only took my eyes off him for a moment

I was trying to get a weekly shop that included 2 litres of whisky (darling father should be back at the weekend) down to a reasonable level of cost.

That was when little bear found the black shoe polish that darling father had explained was important to keep shoes nice, taken it (quietly) upstairs and applied it to his blue plastic wellington boots and his white sheets.

Sometimes I wonder how he keeps so safe. Sometimes I wonder that I am still functional despite regular loss of sanity. Often I wonder at the things darling father sees fit to demonstrate to little bear.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I remember Darling Father explaining the same thing to me, only I was 8 or 9? Definitely when it came to going to secondary school and had to learn to polish my own shoes.

Of course, DF was in the Army. Thankfully he didn't expect us to do that guards thing where you have 2 pairs of boots laced up differently to wear on alternate days that you have to keep spick and span.

Us boys were always a slight disappointment to DF, who tried to inculcate similar standards of appearance in us. Sadly for him, it didn't take lol!

Wannabe Sybil said...

Little bear is gratifyingly image conscious (!) and 1am this morning he was shouting for his sunglasses.

Sigh. WS x