Tuesday 26 October 2010

Darling Father is a clutterbuster

He has scraped the surface dirt from large parts of the living room. I am not counting the bin bag full of rubbish that he dug out in the total, but I am counting the extra bin bag when I joined in and sorted through a load of little bear's ex comics, ex sticker books (the cheapie ones, not the good ones and not the ones with stickers still intact) and tat. I suspect there are many more bin bags where that came from.

So, I am thinking about clutterbusting (I am good at the thinking part). I think what I need is a place for everything, which isn't the case and hasn't been for several years, the house got turned upside down when we had double glazing when I was seven months pregnant and I never really managed to catch up.

And things where I can't find a home for have to go out, and if I can't bear to part with them then I have to rearrange things so I have a home for them but something else goes out.

2 comments:

Ian said...

IKEA has wonderful storage solutions ... Just thought I'd mention it.

Ian said...

PS You could always try to stick to William Morris' guide: "Have nothing in your house that is neither beautiful or useful." Things can be both simultaneously, of course.