Saturday 23 October 2010

Operation Clutterbust 2

On my counter, between the sink, the boiler and the first sort of pillar dividing up the counters, are 57 bottles. All are two litre, except for the whisky, the vodka and the home made rosemary vinegar. The rest are cola, lemonade, sparkling water and flavoured water.

Lemonade - darling father prefers 7up, he first had it in Egypt in the 1950s. Currently it is on offer at £1 per bottle, so I have been stocking up.

Cola - a severe weakness of mine. This leads directly to the sparkly water which I hoped to switch to, but gives me odd headaches.

Flavoured water - OH does not drink enough, but he will drink this. I keep buying it in the hope he will drink/take it in to work and drink. I haven't bought any for several weeks, but there is a huge stock as I factored a normal person taking in to work/drinking and bought half a dozen bottles a few weeks on the run. Currently he is drinking fruit teas with honey.

I don't care what is on offer now, minimum is being bought. However with the drinking habits of the household this is never going to be totally run down, I am just going to have to manage the backlog.

Anyway, two more binbags out of darling father's room to be, and a non working heater.

I also found a stack of towels. All my towels in use are microfibre, but I found these old cotton ones. I am relatively competent with washing, so they are in reasonable nick albeit nearly 20 years old. I bought good ones. They are going to be lodged in the boot of OH's car. I do not think second hand towels would sell in a charity shop, and while they are in reasonable nick they are far from perfect. On the other hand, in muddy, wet, icy or snowy weather they could be useful and I am sure that they will be of help now and again on a day out.

1 comment:

Ian said...

57 bottles? Including 54 2 litre ones? Good grief. Your recycling plastics bin must be overflowing.