Thursday 7 October 2010

Little bear is coughing

I am getting v wit's endish about little bear. He has a tickly cough in the back of his throat and I am dithering about the doctors. It doesn't seem to be anywhere near his chest, he has just finished a course of antibiotics and I suspect strongly that it is just the last flag waving of the tonsillitis. I don't want to get a reputation for being too fussy, it can be hard to get a dr to take me seriously anyway without always attending.

On the other hand, the cough is driving him nuts (and me) and it woke him up at 1.30am. I suspect he wouldn't have woken up if he had had his duvet over him, but that's another story. We have just come back from the park and he is coughing and coughing and coughing. But apart from being a bit tired he seems fine in himself.

I am a professional-standard ditherer.

And he fell off his scooter on the way back so I was carrying it for most of the way. Still, at least his appetite seems to be holding up, especially if there is honey involved.

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Has LB been checked for asthma? Dry, tickly coughs which are worse at night can be connected with asthma and that is how my elder daughter was diagnosed. She isn't bothered by it most of the time but has an inhaler for the days it does - when she has hayfever for example.

Otherwise, you are probably right and he will be fine in a day or two - hope you can all get some sleep!!

Hugs.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Ooooo! I had never thought of that. I have been diagnosed, undiagnosed and then diagnosed again with asthma, but there are no other sufferers I know of either side.

Hmm, this cough has been going for around two days. I am sure he has had coughs, but I expect him to have more green nose incidents, coughs seem to come and go and be spaced out. Hmmm

And I also have a spectacular cough which is the tail end of what I suspect was the tonsillitis I caught from him except I don't have much tonsil to itis.

Thanks for the heads up - I shall watch him closely. I would also add that he did cough somewhat when he was belting down the road on his scooter but less than I expected. He is tired, but I have put that down to the end of the lurgy/lack of sleep. WS x

Ian said...

Don't you have any cough syrup or linctus for LB that helps?

I thought of you all when I was in The Works earlier on today. There was a 'Waste Not, Want Not' recipe book full of recipes and leftovers; a 'Make Do and Mend' compendium of wartime leaflets; 3 various 'Grannie's remedies, recipes and green (eco-friendly) cleaning methods' type books; and lots of Mr Men books for 99p each.

I was very tempted and then I remembered you had enough books already.

Ian said...

Sorry, that should read:

'Waste Not, Want Not, a book of recipes using leftovers'.