Sunday 24 October 2010

Coloured bin bags

As you might expect, there are a multitude of different waste bags in our house. There are the recycled black bin bags that were on offer - now almost finished. There are black bin bags very kindly donated by dear brother's friend. There is a depleted stock of Sainsbury basics swing bin and pedal bin bags which had been on sale - they are great for small jobs. There are one or two rolls of Mr S basics sandwich bags which I find much more effective for nappy bags than those sold for the purpose. I have also just invested in a huge stock of freezer bags from approved food - I get through enough and I expect to get through more.

The most useful so far, however, are the coloured swing bin and pedal bin bags I bought in vast quantities from approved food. They are scented and not the strongest, but they have some really good uses. They are used, without fail, for 'things that do not belong here/need to be moved in bulk/have nowhere to live/need to go to the clothes bank/need to go to the charity shop or sale or whatever'. In short, they are used to put things in that are not rubbish and are easily distinguised from the black bin sacks that go into the wheelie bin. At some point I will have all the rolls in one place, so I will know if I need some more. I have plenty at the moment, but if I see them in Approved Food again I think I would indulge, they are so useful.

Though hopefully, at the end of Operation Clutterbust, I will have a lot less need for them. Operation Clutterbust does, however, apply. I still have a stash of really good swing bin liners bought from Costco about four or five years ago. I use a black bin sack in my now bigger kitchen bin and don't bother or use carrier bags in my other bins. I am sure that they will find a use at some point, however.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

when you've finished it would be wonderful if you could share some tips, i'm accumulating more than i should............it could all go terribly wrong

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you - but I'm not sure I'll ever be finished, I don't have a good track record.

It is so scary how things mount up. And the desperate instinct of, 'well, it could come in useful...' is such a problem.

(very flattered to have this suggestion, I shall float for at least an hour). WS x