Friday 1 October 2010

Lurgies still present

Little bear turns into demon child from hell when he has calpol. Last night he did a very good impression of a demon child from hell even though he hadn't had calpol, but had had the dratted penicillin. I wonder if there are common ingredients? As it is, I was just about at the end of my tether for most of the day, and actually shouted at little bear. Normally I don't shout because it doesn't work, and it didn't work this time either, but I was trying to convey to him that mother was at the end of her rope and that he needed to calm down. Eventually I got through to him, but he was being wilful which he isn't usually.

I now have upgraded my lurgy from worse than a cold to not quite as bad as flu, so I am suffering acute self pity and sniffles. Little bear is, thankfully, much better, though becoming harder to dose with said penicillin. He has more energy to resist and I have less energy to force the issue.

And I've just bid on some unnecessary yarn on ebay (which is absolutely gorgeous, a real bargain but I HAVE NO ROOM!)

2 comments:

Ian said...

Keep at it. You can do it, even if you don't think so. LB does need to take the full course, otherwise he's more at risk of a return of the lurgies. As I'm sure you know lol.

Morgan said...

Common ingredient is likely to be a colouring - we used to get pink penicillin, and Calpol is pink...?