Thursday 21 October 2010

Splat

Little bear and OH are both at home, poorly. OH really enjoyed the home made soup (diminishing mound of veggies) but little bear was having none of it. He insisted on cold tinned tomato soup, with particular reference to the cold.

I had poured half a tin into a bowl, and was putting cling film over a bowl with the other half in, when my hands slipped.

Tomato soup has a blast radius. It went everywhere, under the table, over the cupboards, everywhere. And that includes me, and I was wearing a top that doesn't wash well at hot temperatures.

I was so unimpressed.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Cold tinned tomato soup. Yuck. I don't like it hot, never mind cold. Still, after previous battles over food, at least he's eating something.

I'd loved to have seen OH's face if he came down and saw red splattered everywhere!

Wannabe Sybil said...

OH has learned, on occasion, that it is better not to comment. You know how large our kitchen is, well it covered the table, the floor near evil cat's dishes, evil cat's dishes, most of the back wall cupboards and me. I called OH to take up little bear's dish while I tried to scrape up the remains and his face was carefully cautious.

Who would have thought half a tin of soup could have so much coverage. WS x