Tuesday 26 October 2010

Working on Clutterbusting philosophy

This is a work in progress...

Ian - your suggestion of storage is great, but no matter how fantastic IKEA is (and I am a huge fan) I think what I actually want is less stuff. You know the size of my kitchen, and the walk in cupboard which has racking everywhere the freezer isn't and it is still stuffed. Okay, I can't keep electrical things in the cupboard as it gets a bit damp, but there is still huge space - and it is stuffed.

Mind you, I have never quite got sorted after I lost the two huge four drawer filing cabinets. I really miss them, and I can't use their replacement in the same sort of way - it is a broken bureau. I suppose I could look for other ones, but they cost £2.50 each (two pounds and fifty pence) and I would hate to spend real money to replace them.

The biggest sticking point is that, for storage solutions to work, I need to actually put stuff away in them. This is a challenge.

Ian - keep the suggestions coming, they help me think!

No comments: