Monday 4 October 2010

It is that time again

It is that time of year again. In the style of a magazine article, you can tell it is autumn when...

The kitchen and bathroom windows are definitely shut at night, no question.
The inner porch door is locked at tea time.
I don't need to water the garden.
I can wear the rattiest tshirts because they are covered in sweaters.
I start thinking of casseroles.
I am starting to act on my Christmas List.
I wake up entirely under the duvet.
On bus rides I enjoy the leaves instead of the flowers that we pass.
Spiders proliferate
Evil cat is intimate with the heaters.

I love this time of year, I think of it as a snuggle time, before winter really sets in, not too cold but cold enough to wrap up warm.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Must be colder up there! We slept with the bedroom windows open last night, and the bathroom one was open too.
I have to go out after tea to shut the hens up, otherwise I too would batten down the hatches earlier, as you say.
Casseroles are on the plan here too.
Christmas list - a lot of cheap, home made and hand made this year and only my children will get individual, personalised gifts.
Spiders? Yes, and slugs!!!!!!!!!!

We have had the woodburner on several times now and it makes the lounge very cosy - there are several throws on the sofa for snuggling, and I have hot water bottles on my "to dig out" list!