Saturday 21 May 2011

Approved Food II

Mum of all trades - www.approvedfood.co.uk

It is a store that sells food that is past its sell by (but not use by) food, old packaging, stuff where offers shown on packs have expired, over runs etc. It currently has a bountiful supply of Easter Eggs (or did when I last looked).

You can never tell what is exactly going to be on there, as it just sells what comes in, often chocs or sweeties but sometimes good deals on things like pearl barley. I love the 'Go Ahead' style bars that they have, I trough them down for breakfast.

I believe that there are other stores like this, but I have never really used them, and I like Approved Food, I have had really good service from them.

I have decided not to order this time. One thing that was attracting me was the rolls of 300 sandwich bags for 69p. They aren't the strongest I have ever had, but they aren't the worst and I use them for all sorts. I have been buying them when they come in, but I reminded myself that I currently can't shut a drawer for the bags. Still, at least they don't go off.

No comments: