Wednesday 4 May 2011

Missing conversations

I am used to speaking to darling uncle at least once a day, often two or three times. And I have been driven to distraction when I am trying to wrestle a recalcitrant little bear or sort out darling father's breakfast. But I have always had those calls.

It is now a fortnight since darling uncle went into hospital. I really miss those calls.

I am getting so many confusing messages about how he is doing, but I am really worried about him. He is so much better, thank you for all the wishes and prayers, but now I feel that everything has changed because even if he is so much better, what if there is a next time? What if it is worse? He has been a rock for me and my brothers for years. Now that seems suddenly less safe.

There is very little I can do. What I can do, I will do, and I continue to pray. I just really want him to be happy.

No comments: