Monday 23 May 2011

Rain

The rain has been heavy at times here, with breaks. It was during a fortunate break that I had the Sainsbury delivery.

While I was waiting for the nice man to finish his paperwork and get out of the van I noticed that the two potted scented geraniums (the ones that I really shouldn't have bought from ebay, and I should never go near ebay when half asleep after dreaming about shopping) had tumbled over in the high wind. And what really surprised me was that the pots were bone dry. Because the wind is so strong, the rain is coming down at an angle and the fence that protects the geraniums has also protected them from any rain. They need to be watered, as does the border against the fence.

So if you are passing my area you may see a mad woman trying to water a border and some pot plants in the driving rain.

No comments: