Friday 27 May 2011

The small start

It is a small start, but I am sure things will grow. The demand for money for school activities is gaining. At Christmas it was a particular trousers and tshirt.

This morning I got a phone call from the lady who does the dance at little bear's nursery. They are putting on a performance and they are having costumes sorted out. She said I needed to pay £13 for the costume. I hadn't heard of this before, but I was happy (sort of) to pay. 'I want it by the end of the week,' she said. I blinked a bit. 'It's Friday,' I said. 'Then please can you drop it in today.' She won't be near the nursery again until Tuesday according to the nursery staff.

I am sure that the £13 is small change compared to what will be asked soon.

And of course there will be extra curricular activities. I am really keen on him doing these when he is quite young (within reason) as I think they can be really helpful. I have booked for him to have an initial session with a martial arts group. When I say martial arts, it is not likely to be very martial. It is a class for 4-7 year olds for thirty minutes. It is run by the British Military Martial Arts people, so I am hoping that it will be fairly steady. That is £26 per month. I can see it creeping slowly up and up.

Little bear is worth it!

No comments: