Friday 20 May 2011

Yarn!

Bought some more yarn yesterday. Darn!

However it is designated for a specific purpose. I plan to make a slipover for darling uncle to help replace some of those items that he lost. It is a very basic and plain one. It isn't a lot of yarn. It shouldn't take too long too knit up. I should manage it fine.

Who am I kidding?

However, while I now avoid the shop at the bottom of Eastgate in Leeds (absolutely awful and v rude to customers), I went into a long established yarn stall in Leeds Market, near one of the entrances to Vicar Lane. Not only did they have what I wanted and a very reasonable price, they helped field little bear while I was trying to find the stuff, and they were lovely with him!

Doting mother that I am, my friend ebay now has strong competition when it comes to buying yarn.

No comments: