Friday 6 May 2011

Spring

I am enjoying all the flowers. Thanks to darling father the garden looks lovely. The rosemary is going crazy, the wallflowers are fantastic, the pinks are really blossoming well - it looks and smells beautiful. However it does seem a little early.

At the end of a street a privet hedge has grown into a tree. I love looking out for the blossom and its scent and it usually flowers about the same time as Wimbledon. This year there are buds already, which would make it about a month early. The mock orange blossoms along the dual carriage way are also full of buds and that is early as well, I think.

Being a gloomy soul I also look at the mass of flowers on the hawthorns and think - that means lots of berries, perhaps another hard winter ahead? But who knows. Good harvests don't mean bad winters, and I am looking forward with hopes for a glorious summer.

Darling father has bought a barbecue

No comments: