Monday 16 May 2011

My crystal ball is blinking

Little bear has nappy rash again. He may only be in night time nappies, but that isn't holding him back.

I would just like to say, looking back, when he was tiny I don't think he went more than two hours between a change, I was really, really careful. I didn't like the idea of sitting in my own waste and I don't see why my child should. When I say two hours, when he was tiny I think that was about right. As he got older it became less frequent, but he never asked for a nappy change, I was always proactive.

So when I say that I have seen his bum go from perfect to red raw in two hours, it is bitter experience and no exaggeration. I wish I knew why.

And when little bear has nappy rash it usually means that he is about to come down with something. He is currently green nosed and has sore bumps in his mouth. I'm going to go and get age appropriate Bonjela for him while he is at nursery. I think it is going to hit on Wednesday.

My Health Visitor is coming on Wednesday. She is coming at 1.15. The earliest I can drop little bear off at nursery is at 1.00. And he is not looking good.

So yet another session where I can't actually talk properly to her because little bear will be there as I can't get back from drop off in time, will hear all I say and work around it. And I am not sure I need a session with a health visitor. I need time to do housework. I need time to sleep. I need time to try and research options for earning money. Sitting there trying not to say anything for two hours is not high up on my priority.

I am not feeling cooperative.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Is your health visit not an accommodating sort? Would it be possible to ring and ask her to come at a more convenient time?

Hope the bottom is better soon!

Hugs

Sorry I haven't commented much lately; have been reading though, reading and running as they say in the USA. Been busy in the garden.

Wannabe Sybil said...

Don't worry about comments, although it is lovely to hear from you. I know you have been hectic!

HV has actually v kindly changed the days - but I can't seem to get the time changed. I just don't want to spend that time.

Feel a bit precious and selfish. WS x