Monday 9 May 2011

One of those days

Didn't do too bad with little bear, he slept quite late. I suspect it is the tactics for tea that are affecting it. My take is that if he doesn't eat his tea then tough, he goes hungry. So quite often he doesn't eat much at tea time out of stubbornness and being four. Come 5am, he's really hungry, wakes up and wants breakfast.

Last night he ate LOADS so he slept late.

However I think tiredness is catching up with me. Just the other day I was admiring my kettle and thinking how well it was doing for its age. It must be ten or twelve years old, a fast boil tefal kettle that has a flat base so you only boil the minimum at one time. It cost a lot at the time, but has worked out a very good deal, at the most it has cost £3 per year. This morning it wouldn't go onto the thingy that connects it to the electric to boil it. It was broken, just as I was about to boil the three litres of water for darling father's teapot (not a typo, huge teapot, takes two kettles).

So I asked him if he would like a hot chocolate to start the day. He thought it wasn't a bad idea. That was when I smashed the mug full of (thankfully cold) milk.

Darling father went to have his usual Monday bacon butty at the Methodists and then went off to town to buy a kettle. Not long after negotiations started for little bear's lunch.

Ham sandwiches were apparently acceptable, until he found that the ham was too bumpy. He would accept the tin of pasta and sausage which he normally has cold, but this time it was too cold. Then it was too hot and he wanted pudding. Desperate to get at least something in him before nursery and be back in time to get the delivery scheduled (Approved Foods - chocolate - I may eat a lot of it) I made up a full pack of banana Angel Delight (previous Approved Food order) and brought it up from the kitchen.

For some reason I missed the tiny ledge that I have been stepping over since 1994 and tripped flat on my face. Half a pint of Angel Delight went everywhere, you have never seen anything like it! I suspect that the smell of banana flavoured milk may linger for some time. I will have to wash a throw, a door curtain and have another go at the carpet. Little bear burst into tears. He wanted more pudding NOW. I really need to learn how to do guilt trips.

He is now at nursery. I suspect I have skinned my knee (at my age), I have jarred my left knee and hip, given myself a shock and a headache and jarred my right shoulder. My right shoulder hasn't been dislocated for a while but it was bad when it went last, so I am feeling a bit wary.

Feeling sorry for myself.

On the bright side, darling father has instructions to buy a cheap, cheap, cheap kettle for now. I get the thrill of the hunt checking around for a nice new kettle. Ebay is my friend!

No comments: