Wednesday 11 May 2011

Little bear is driving me nuts

Little bear is, as the title says, driving me a little nuts, as you would expect from a four year old. For lunch he had nearly a full can of tomato soup - cold and drunk through a straw.

I am feeling a bit tired. I could not get comfy last night, the fall I had rattled my bones a bit and so I went from the fold out bed to the couch to the fold out bed to the couch and finally settled on the couch, drifting off nicely...

...when little bear came down at 3am because his feet were hurting and he needed to sleep on the sofa. Then he kicked up a fuss about me sleeping in the study (such a neglectful mother, sleeping yards away from him!) and I couldn't get off again for ages. And then he woke me up again at 6.30, because his feet were better.

7am was the first meltdown as I didn't have Rice Krispies in. I had a variety pack of cereal from Approved Food, which he was working his way through and he was devastated that he had already eaten the one pack with Elves on. I just stayed very calm and matter of fact until he decided cornflakes would be acceptable. I have no particular plans to buy Rice Krispies or Supermarket Value Crispy Rice or any variant in the near future, the wind will have changed by then.

7.30am was when he was completely devastated that I didn't have any pots of Greek Yogurt with honey in the fridge. As it is the first time he has wanted them for over a month, this is not a huge surprise. My attitude was that it was tough, there are other yogurts and that was that. He settled for a large bowl of cheerios with honey. Again, I will get in that type of yogurt when it suits me and not before.

But the thing that tried my maternal patience was a silly thing. Little bear went to nursery carrying his open frog umbrella proudly over his head. As it is a dome and it was open it meant he had a tendency to bump into things and dither at the road. It wasn't raining.

No comments: