Wednesday 4 May 2011

No sense of direction

I don't have a good sense of direction at the best of times. And I can never remember which is left and which is right, though I have a marginally better chance of getting port and starboard right. But my subconscious is even worse.

I have noticed over the last few months when I have been sleeping on the sofa with my head towards the west that in the instant before I open my eyes when I wake I automatically expect to see the world as if my head towards the east. It is a really strong feeling, and if I am woken suddenly I can be really disorientated as I feel I am facing the wrong way.

Last night was even odder. Little bear came down and slept on the sofa so I was on the fold out on the floor. Finally I was drifting off to sleep, but while my eyes were closed my body was telling me that my head was towards the south, when in fact it was towards the north. It was really an unnerving feeling - I felt I was completely the wrong way round and I couldn't tell you what the right way was.

I am probably coming down with something

No comments: