Wednesday 18 May 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day is looming. Being me, if it isn't delivered we don't get it so I need to plan in advance.

Darling father is easy enough. He is having a joint teasmaid from all his children which he has had early and loves. It is really helping him be comfortable. A small miniature and glass from little bear will be great.

But what to get OH from little bear? I am absolutely stumped. He rarely drinks from a mug, and he has 'Dad' mugs. He has a 'Dad' glass, which he regularly uses. I don't want to get him clothing, as I believe it is OH's job to choose his own clothes and I refuse to get him socks.

He hasn't got any outstanding books he wants, he doesn't drink much and when he does it is darling father's whiskey. None of his hobbies actually require anything buying for him. There are only so many ornaments you can give a man.

Darn and Poot!

4 comments:

Witch Hazel said...

How about a nice photo of you and LB, for his wallet? Or arrange a relaxed family session at a good photographer, then you can have a photo of all of you

ana s. said...

I would think a card, maybe drawn specially by a child, would make a great present. Remember, it is the action and thought and not the stuff that counts. That and a super meal of favorites of course
:-)

Talking about why the drawing and cooking is being done to get the child involved and thinking about it are great too.

ravylesley said...

Buy him a kindle he will love it!I got one for Xmas and we go everywhere together

Lesleyxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Thank you for the great ideas. I am considering getting an audio book for him as he likes to listen as he has an hour's commute each way. Kindle, thinking about that. Definitely a nice pic from little bear, who is the light of OH's life. WS x