Wednesday 23 November 2011

Christmas shopping

I have left Christmas shopping late this year. The best time to shop is January!

I have just sent an order to Hawkins Bazaar (seriously recommended, I have had great service there, 10% cashback through quidco and free deliveries over £45 if placed before Saturday). And actually I don't think that there is that much left to get. This was for presents for two Christmas presents and a birthday, plus some stocking fillers. I have OH's present, I have Sister in law's present, I have stuff on order and stashed and hidden. Little bear has huge quantities of little stuff stashed in darling father's room. The bits I don't have, I think I know what I am getting, and it is all in hand.

I think I've got it all covered. However, I shall wait and see when panic hits on 23 December. A lot of it is stuff like magazine subscriptions and alcohol, which take very little effort. I don't need Christmas paper, I have a shedload, though I may need bottle bags. I also have a vast stash of cards which I got from approved food earlier in the year. I am determined not to go crazy for sweeties over Christmas, and I already have some stuff stashed from approved food.

It all seems under control. So why do I have this nagging feeling that I have missed something?

No comments: