Friday 4 November 2011

Waking up in shock

Poor little bear was a bit neglected this morning, as I spent a lot of time falling asleep in the same room as him between about 6.30 and 8.00am. Of course he had drinks, breakfast etc, but not bright company from his mum. I am feeling better in the cough department, but like absolute ditchwater with everything else.

So I stumbled into school with him. Then I wondered if I was actually still dreaming. The staff were dressed as characters from the Wizard of Oz. The lady dressed as Dorothy, who is lovely, was just so unexpected as the normally polished lady had a wig, gingham dress, apron, the whole caboodle. It looked a bit, well, odd. I just stood and blinked at her, and thought, either someone has put something illegal in my cornflakes or I am going to have to be very tactful here. So I said that she looked very nice.

On the bright side little bear got himself dressed today. Okay, it was in installments with lots of me pounding up and down stairs to help with the awkward button and the issue of a belt. But he was determined.

No comments: