Tuesday 29 November 2011

Food temperatures

I picked up little bear from school today and the howling wind and hail were grim. We only went a few yards and we were soaked and little bear insisted on new trousers on as soon as we got inside. He then told me he was hungry and that he wanted something to warm him up. This was a new one on me.

'Would you like some warm soup?' I asked.
'That's too cold.' Little bear said.
I thought for a minute. 'How about a ham sandwich?' I asked.
'That's a little bit warm and a little bit cold.' Little bear said.
I was stumped, because obviously what little bear was calling hot and cold were nothing to do with measured temperature.

In the end he had a bowl of cereal, because that was exactly the right temperature.

Actually I am confident that little bear is about to come down with a gruesome cold. He actually slept so late this morning that I needed my alarm. He had a meltdown over breakfast because he spilt some cereal. At this point I decided not to bother taking him to martial arts. Then he had a meltdown when he got home because the red pen wasn't the right colour and then another one because, well, I am not exactly sure and I don't think I actually got to the bottom of it. Tomorrow I have him all day because of the strike and then he goes to his piano lesson. I hope he is fit for that.

No comments: