Wednesday 30 November 2011

tomorrow is another day

Soooo tired. Little bear has been quite lovely at times (not at others) and told the nice man at the newsagents that the knight's costume he was wearing was not for sale as little bear had had it for 'a thousand years'.

The nice man in the newsagents actually doesn't like children at all. He makes an exception for little bear.

Made a show of myself in Asda. I wanted to go to a manned checkout. An assistant asked me whether I wanted to use the self service, I said 'no' but she dragged the trolley over and started putting things through for me whether I liked it or not. I got all stressed and flappy and I should have just got on with it with a smile, but I hate it when people won't accept 'no' as 'no'. Anyway, instant karma, my left hand is in agony. It feels similar to when a nerve is exposed in your tooth.

My shoulder is also wrecked from retrieving a local lad's toy from a tree. I wouldn't mind but they don't come in the gate. They squeeze over the wall and past the rose bush. The garden is so small that you couldn't park two cars in it, and the rose bush has really nasty, thick and vicious thorns. I have had bubble wrap on it in the past. They could seriously, no exaggeration, blind themselves, so I am going to have to try and get rid of a rose bush that has grown around fifteen foot high intertwined with a buddleia over the last fifteen years to save them! It has lovely coral coloured flowers as well.

I had some lovely cuddles with little bear, today, though. He graciously encouraged me (insisted!) to play the sort of computer games that he could watch (actually quite boring for me to watch, but he seemed to enjoy it) and he sat on my knee and giggled, tickled, squirmed, wriggled and had a marvellous time, so I think today was overall a win.

No comments: