Monday 21 November 2011

Ovaltine effect missing

Little bear was awake at 6.30am. This is not really early, nothing compared to what many parents deal with and many people, including my Sister in Law, are up that time out of preference.

My preference is that 6.30am is mythical and I am underneath a heap of bedclothes at that time, completely unconscious.

I do know that any attempt to limit the Ovaltine now would start a World War, so I just keep having to keep on, and try and get to sleep early myself - which I struggle to, even with the Ovaltine. And little bear didn't go to sleep particularly early last night either. We heard a full dialogue between little bear, his cuddly rat and a counting book over the intercom.

He also has disturbed sleep so I am up several times tiptoeing in to put the blankets back over him, which I think is the one that's getting to me. I believe it is normal to get a stage of nightmares at this age. I would blame Postman Dalek and Cyberman Sam for the troubled dreams, but they have been going on far longer than the disturbed nights.

No comments: