Tuesday 29 November 2011

Where did that come from?

OH found a bottle of wine in the car. It is white wine, I have never seen it before, OH hasn't seen it before and darling father has never, to my knowledge, bought white wine. We have a mystery bottle. We don't even give lifts often, as OH rarely drives except to work and he lives in a different area to everyone else so unless he is hanging round Another Woman who dropped it out of her scarlet bag - no idea how it got there.

I would like to point out that I doubt the likelihood of Another Woman, and if it was, OH probably wouldn't have brought the bottle in and placed it next to me. But where did the bottle come from?

In Makro today I was looking at the alcohol and thinking, 'well, I quite fancy that, or that, or that...' I would have to drink at the level of darling father to get through all I fancied in less than a year. The trouble is, I don't really like wine or beer, but I do like liqueurs and spirits. I may look at a bottle of black Sambucca with interest, but it will cost a lot, and will (or should) take ages to drink and linger in the drinks cupboard for years getting stickier. Makro have a good selection of liqueurs and spirits, I bought some Black Bottle Whiskey for darling father's Christmas present (as he said that he loved it). Some of them are quite difficult to get hold of in supermarkets and local shops. And actually I don't really want to drink that much. Which is unfortunate as I have asked for many of my Christmas presents to be alcoholic.

It may seem that the universe is gently nudging me towards more alcohol. However I think I shall spend some time focusing on tea.

No comments: