Wednesday 2 November 2011

Washing on the line

Today I have finally been able to move enough to do washing, and it has been duly pegged out. There is a bit of a breeze and it is not too cold so I am optimistic.

However, around 12pm I was out having a cup of gossip with Nice Mr Next Door and I noticed that even at noon the washing line was now still in shadow. The height of the sun at noon and the large laurel bushes over the road mean that the 'drying on the line' season is getting near its end.

I am actually quite sad, because I love the smell of line dried laundry and its really only in the last few years when I have been at home with little bear that I have been able to make the most of it.

No matter, other arrangements are in hand.

2 comments:

Adventures of a Middle-aged Matron said...

Get one of those rope and pulley airers to hang over the stairs. They're even more fun than washing lines. Means your laundry can smell of dinner, but that's a plus when it's my husband's best prawn curry.

Wannabe Sybil said...

I quite like the idea of that - and we have three flights of stairs, one is bound to be suitable! I usually put them on an airer that's next to a dehumidifier. That seems a bit tame. Also little bear could hang blankets to make camps on the side of mountains. WS x