Thursday 3 November 2011

The pits

The cherry stones have arrived. What I am supposed to do with 3.2kg of cherry stones in a homespun hessian bag. That's right - I'm supposed to be making heat bags out of them with the surplus pillow cases.

Sigh

After packing in a hurry, unpacking in chaos and barely able to move without coughing myself to a standstill, the laundry is in ruins. I can only find one of the five pairs of school trousers that little bear possesses, which he is currently wearing. And that he wore yesterday (I washed and dried them overnight, of course). I can't move bags and baskets to search without collapsing with the coughing, and I had two hours sleep last night, which is the last in a long line of broken nights - I haven't had a decent night for about three weeks. The washer hasn't stopped all yesterday but the unwashed pile is still looking at least like Himalayan foothills. The unwashed pile is still smaller than the ironing pile and the 'finding a place to put this textile accumulation' pile, which includes the surplus pillowcases. I still haven't found places for everything for darling father's stuff and the stuff that used to live in darling father's room. Also lots was turned upside down as the ironing etc is in the same room as the space cleared and now filled with four summer tyres.

And in the middle of all this I am supposed to make heat bags. Actually, I am going back to bed.

No comments: