Wednesday 23 November 2011

Evil cat is eating

This morning I was glad that I had shirts and school clothes already ironed.

I fed evil cat at 7am, but when I popped down @ 7.45am her dish was empty. She is a tiny cat, and a whole pouch had just vanished. So I put down a second pouch, as she was pretty insistent about it.

The explanation of her appetite was clear when I went to get OH's shirt. Just where I would have had to stand to iron was a pile of second hand cat food. When she was a kitten, actually for years, she used to eat really, really fast, and then be sick - but immediately beg for more food.

That was okay when she was a slip of a young thing of eight. But her system really won't stand her doing this. I am considering putting down half a pouch at a time and seeing if that will stay down. Still, at least she is enjoying her food.

3 comments:

Meanqueen said...

I have had this very problem this morning. Three of my own cats to feed, and two other cats who pop by to see what is on the menu. I put down two dishes with half a pouch in each, then refill for the second sitting. There it was on the tray next to the dish, regurgitated mess. I think it was Bugsy. Yuk.

Witch Hazel said...

One of my cats has this problem a lot.Vet says cat bolts food, doesn't swallow properly whilst eating, and then ends up being sick because stomach can't cope. We now do 2 things (a) feed half a pouch, wait a while, then feed remainder (this helped but didn't stop it entirely), and then on the vet's advice (b) raised the food dish as high as possible but still where the cat can still eat comfortably. This means gravity i working for us rather than against us. We were sceptical, but it has actually made a big difference. Hxx

Wannabe Sybil said...

Hazel, I may try raising the dish. I am not sure I would currently survive just putting half a dish down. So far today, nothing regurgitated WS x