Monday 21 November 2011

Re-purposing

I have had a half bottle of vodka lurking for several years. Despite mounting evidence to the contrary, I am not someone who normally drinks a lot, but I thought I would try steeping fresh chopped ginger in vodka. It has been looking at me ever since. I've been a bit too nervous to try it.

And the longer it has sat there, the less I want to risk it. Seriously - vodka and fresh ginger are unlikely to get toxic, but I have spent so long looking at it, I couldn't possible drink it.

So when I had to dispose of some chicken bones yesterday, I tipped some of the stuff in to the bag. Oscar, the huge tom next door, will lick off any vinegar and as he enjoys curry then I am not even trying pepper. I warned Next Door, but hopefully it will put him off. None of our cats have ever enjoyed spirits.

Though the time malevolent cat got at the brandy butter was one of the funniest sights I have ever seen!

No comments: