Sunday 12 May 2013

Bewildered by shopping

A few weeks ago, at the same time as the grocery delivery for sixteen bottles of pop and five tins of condensed tomato soup, I ordered clothes for bear from Matalan.  I should have known there would be a problem as bear was poorly and insisting that I played plants versus zombies for him and I was exhausted, bewildered and confused.  I have had good experiences with Matalan and their clothes do little ones very well.  When bear was tiny I would always go to Matalan for his vests as they were really good quality for the price - or even just good quality.  I am always happy to get stuff from there for him.

I checked the delivery today.  For some reason I got a duplicate order, including one pair of jeans that wasn't duplicated and an extra tshirt.  I took them back to the shop.

They were lovely about it.  I explained that it was my fault.  They reassured me that it was probably not (which I suspect was a kindly white lie) and happily took back the excess.  I picked up a casual shirt for bear and six shirts for the next school year for him while I was there.  I also picked up a pack of kid's coat hangers and a pair of sunglasses for bear.  Bear inspected them, approved and now is wearing them while playing on the computer.  I give it thirty six hours before he loses them.

I think I could do with perhaps two more shirts for summer for bear to supplement the ones I thought I had got.  I will have a quick browse but to be honest I think he can get by with what he has.


No comments: