Wednesday 1 May 2013

More spending

Again I have been spending for the holiday.  I got two short sleeve shirts for DH in Matalan for £12 each.  I also picked up some new soup bowls as I have happened to a couple and we are down to three.  As four of us live in the house I picked up 3 for the price of two (so three for £4) and the extra two can be used for when I break the next ones.  I also picked up a cheap pack of microfibre cloths (£2 for 5).  I have a lot of cleaning and decorating in mind.

I was going to get a new handbag as I am beginning to loathe mine, but it can wait and actually it is ideal for the holiday as actually I can use it for most of my bits and pieces.  I am quite confident that I have another one stashed somewhere and really all I need is something to keep my purse in while we are away.

DF has been stashing wipes from KFC which I will be taking with us.  He likes to call in there when he is in town for a snack and always brings his hhome, and they will be brilliant for the holiday.  I have sunscreen stashed from Approved Food.  Any food etc we can pick up at the local co-op, fishmonger etc and I will take a small box of seasonings.  All things considered I don't I need to get anything more for the holiday.

btw I quite like Matalan.  The sizing is a bit skimpy but they have a lot of clothes very similar to M&S and actually the quality has been pretty good.  I am buying more and more stuff from there for bear and they sort of count as local, as I looking out of my window onto their back wall..  They are on Topcashback and Quidco.  I have just had a quick look at the men's shirts online and interestingly they have a much greater variety online but don't have the ones I got for DH.





No comments: