Tuesday 7 May 2013

Why bear gets colds

Over the years I mentioned this, but it may well explain the constant and every growing colds bear suffers from.

Last night I went upstairs and put the covers back over bear.  Then I went to the bathroom, came out and put the covers over bear again.  I have never been able to keep the covers on him, even when he was a baby.   This may also explain why he wakes at the first sparrow's cough.  He is finally aware that he is cold so wakes up and comes downstairs, complaining he is cold. I have his dressing gown hung downstairs as he never remembers it when he leaps out of bed no matter where I put it in his bedroom, so it is easier for me to just have it ready for his early morning grumble.

This morning wasn't a grumble.  He was just lovely.  He was certainly lovelier and nicer than I ever am at 6.15am.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I wouldn't worry yourself about that WS. It's a myth that you can catch a cold from getting cold (or indeed, getting wet!) - the far more likely reason for his colds is that he's now mixing with so many other children at school, and at any given time, one of them will almost certainly have a sniffle of some sort. It should improve as his immunity builds up.

Wannabe Sybil said...

According to local gossip this is the worst winter/spring for snuffles in living memory. Thank you - the hope that it will get better is a very faint glimmer of light. WS xxx