Monday 20 May 2013

Not bright but early

This morning was very unusual.  I woke before bear.  There is no working clock in the room and I surfaced gently to the sound of the people at the back screaming.  I couldn't work out the time.  It was definitely light but at this time of year that doesn't mean much.  The people at the back scream at all sorts of times, so that wasn't a good guide either.  Normally I would have risked just trying to get back to sleep as DH is always out by eight and that gives me plenty of time to get ready.  However DH is off this week.  I couldn't risk bear oversleeping for the first time in his life.  

I dragged myself out of bed and looked at the clock in the next room.  It was 6.45am and I wanted to go back to sleep.  However I didn't dare.  Just as I was about to start getting dressed bear woke up and thundered downstairs.  

Memo to self - remember to take your phone to bed.  

No comments: