Thursday 23 May 2013

Today is not a good day

As I type it isn't even 8.30am and I am about to start the battle to get bear into uniform.  However I know what is coming up.  After a series of bad nights and disrupted days I have, have, have to finish sorting the ironing out so we can pack for our holiday.  I don't have any choice.  Tomorrow will be more sorting out and packing and steam cleaning the area where the litter tray was so we can put the tyres there, though I suppose as it has been cleaned it will do without the steam at a pinch.  However we are committed to taking DF out for a run in the car today because apart from everything else we need a decent run in the car to make sure all is working after a service.  Everywhere is upside down and I need to be in all sorts of places at once and I have taken my eye off the laundry basket and it is now overflowing - and it is not a drying day here!

I haven't had a chance to pick up my prescription.

And this morning bear slept in until 7am but I still managed to get bits sorted but the first thing I noticed as I was getting his breakfast was ants in the kitchen.  Ants!  There were only two, around the sink, and I don't leave packets open as I always either put things in jars or bags, but I am so unhappy about this.  I had noticed them in the garden but hadn't thought anything of it.  I do not have a vendetta against ants except in my kitchen!

So I need to pick up variations on the theme of chemical warfare while I am out and do a much deeper clean than I had hoped to get away with.  Sigh.

Now I need to dash off and get bear's disco gear sorted out as well.  Today he is happy to go.  Yesterday he was lukewarm.  At the start of the week he utterly rejected it.  I'm getting used to it.


No comments: