Sunday 12 May 2013

That's blown it

I was muttering about a delivery.  I don't want to have a delivery until I need to.  However we are out of rice and the rice at Makro is over three times dearer than the Sainsburys value long grain rice.  There is nowhere within walking distance to get value rice and it would cost me £3.90 to get the bus, whereas a delivery if timed well could cost as little as £3.00.  I could ask DH to call in to Morrisons but he has a week from hell looming so I don't like to give him anything more on top of that.  If I got a delivery then I could get some frozen mince as the stuff from the NISA isn't as good as the frozen stuff.  Even so I was reluctant as I need an emptier freezer and a fuller bank account and I didn't want to get a delivery just for the sake of a bag of rice and I could walk to Makro and get a two kilo bag without that much effort even though I would spend more.

I was still debating when the fluorescent light in the kitchen and the small light in the walk in cupboard both blew at the same time.  I have just checked the dining room lights and they are also dead.  None of the fuse switches have gone, so it looks very complicated and it will almost certainly involve a trip to B&Q.  And if I have to go to B&Q then I can call in at the Aldi next to it and buy some rice there.  As long as I stay away from the chocolate I should be fine.

No comments: