Wednesday 15 May 2013

Wild Garlic

Found my camera!  I thought I would take some pictures of the banks of the beck a few hundred yards or less from our home.





As a poor picture taker on a wet and overcast morning, these aren't too bad and you can see the drifts of wild garlic that are covering the banks.  There are a lot more plants upstream.

This is the north facing bank with all the buds ready to burst.


They are very pretty but it does have a certain 'back of a kebab shop at closing' scent about it.

The beck is quite full from rain.  I'm just grateful it isn't snow.  I am an official bad mother as bear was the only child in the class not wearing a jumper.  As he had a vest on under his shirt and I normally can't keep anything on him I am not too worried.  The school is normally quite warm anyway.  I'd have a jumper ready for him when I pick him up but bear will take off his jacket and jumper to walk home when there is still snow on the ground so I think I will save my effort.

No comments: