Wednesday 1 May 2013

Beautiful morning

I have started to have a walk each morning after I drop bear at school.  Some mornings are more enthusiastic than others and some mornings are brisker than others but I usually manage half an hour before picking up DF's papers on the way home.  I walk past a Nisa and this morning I popped in and picked up some mince.  It was £3 for 500g, and I am waiting to see the quality, but that means spaghetti bolognese tonight.



I use a lot of mince.  Normally I get the free flowing frozen stuff which currently at Asda is £2.50 for 454g.  But if the mince from the Nisa is decent quality then I can pick it up most mornings, support someone local, and avoid the delivery charge.  I picked up some crackers for bear as well.  I can also free up space in my freezer for stocking up from the farm shop for meat, freezing the stuff from the veg box to use later in the week and generally good stuff.

So if, and that is a big if, the mince is decent quality then that is a step further away from the supermarkets.  I will still have problems with impulse buying but I can work on that. And that is also a bit nearer me saving money.

I am looking forward to more walks.

No comments: