Monday 28 February 2011

Clutterbust concerns

Last week I cooked loads when the freezer door was left open. I used lots and lots of pots.

It made me think. I had planned to get rid of a lot of the pyrex in my cupboards, I use my slow cooker so much for casseroles etc that I just haven't been using any. However if I had got rid of all of the pyrex then I would have had my hands full trying to cook everything in sequence.

There is a lot of tension between clutterbusting and money saving. On the one hand it is good to make the house a lot clearer. On the other hand there is the point that if you throw too much out you can end up going out to buy stuff to replace the stuff that you threw out.

I think clutterbusting wins, however, as I had to go out and buy appropriate containers to put the casseroles in. I think I may have appropriate containers, somewhere, but they are at the back of a pile of junk that I haven't sorted through yet, so I can't get them. However while I was having a quick look I did spot a lot of cleaning products that I had bought more of, because I had forgotten I had the stuff, because it was behind a pile of junk.

No comments: