Wednesday 16 February 2011

Poor old evil cat

Evil cat is getting a little creaky. Over the last few weeks I have noticed a few things. Both eyes are looking a bit crusty now, and her left eye is looking sunken again, like it did last time when she was poorly. She is a bit fussy about her food and she is having problems eating solid chunks. I don't think she can see that well in the dark, possibly because she will hardly eat anything except tuna (she doesn't know it is dolphin friendly). She is getting very clingy and very smelly, which is not a good combination.

There is nothing dramatic that I can put my finger on, but she is scoring a bit low on the malevolent scale and is definitely moving slower. So I am now starting the dither of whether to get her to the vets (cruel on evil cat, the vet and OH who has to take her) or not. Our old cat, malevolent cat, faded and I knew something was wrong but couldn't put my finger on it, and she lasted only a few months after. I had dragged her to the vets (who were very brave) a lot previously but it took ages for them to find the inoperable tumour.

I will take the same rule as I took for malevolent cat. I shall leave it a little longer, I think, for the vet trip, depending on how evil cat goes. Then I will do whatever is necessary until she has lost her quality of life. Then I will make any hard decision.

When she first came here, over sixteen years ago, she fit on the palm of my hand, which she instantly started attacking. I need to look after her

No comments: