Tuesday 15 February 2011

Existential angst

Little bear, as I have mentioned, has discovered the programme 'Captain Mack' and LOVES it. It is super cracking brilliant.

But is it real?

This is causing little bear some mental contortions. He has no problem in telling the difference between a cartoon and a real life programme. He is quite clear that Ratatouille is not real. But Captain Mack, played by Bennet Thorpe, are obviously real people. I tried to explain to him that not only could he not go to visit Sunshine City but that what he was watching was a man pretending to be Captain Mack.

Little bear gave this some thought. He clearly thought that it was real because Captain Mack was moving and speaking 'like me'. But the thought of it being people pretending shook him to the core. In the end he said to me crossly, 'I told you it wasn't real!'

There are still doubts, however, and I shall need to try and get to the bottom of it.

No comments: