Monday 21 February 2011

Operation Clutterbust 15

I feel poorly. Little bear is definitely poorly. However...

We NEED to get stuff cleared for darling father moving in within two months at the most.

There is stuff everywhere which is driving OH nuts.

I am also sick of the sight of heaps of things.

There is a jumble sale on Saturday at the local Methodists, where I would like to donate lots. Also OH has decided we are going to get a skip, and also quite soon. So I nearly crushed little bear today as I was trying to sort stuff out. And OH has kindly taken little bear somewhere unhealthy for tea and I have just nearly got myself trapped in the junk room. However, after clearing 5 bin sacks of stuff and considering, I think we can make a dent in the heaps.

We have an exercise bike. I think there is something wrong with it, so reluctant to pass it on, also no handbook as we bought it years ago and have used it four times. It is huge and too heavy for me to lift. I think that is going to have to be skipped unless someone local will have it, as I can't manage to work out Freecycle and it is not in good condition. Then there is the cheap tall bookcase in darling father's room, which would not survive the journey across the room never mind down stairs. That is for the skip. The Billy bookcases from IKEA of an older vintage are still holding up strong. There is a 1995 music centre cabinet. We could potentially revamp it, but neither of us have the will also I suspect that it will not survive a trip down the stairs.

A solid pine bedside cabinet has gone into little bear's room. It was quite expensive in 1990, but apart from giving me major back ache and terrifying evil cat, has been fine. It just goes to show that it is worth paying a little more, or at least going somewhere reputable, or getting good stuff second hand.

Actually, there is a lot more than that! Most of it really not fit for the purpose, bought cheap and showing it. We could fill the skip.

All I have to do now is get the stuff sorted out.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Good luck - it seems that you have a mammoth job to undertake! If we don't hear from you for a few days, we will have to send Ian in to find you!!

Seriously - I am remembering the week in the holiday cottage in October and wishing I could live long term in a house as uncluttered as that BUT we didn't LIVE realistically that week - we didn't have our bits and pieces from all our other responsibilities and activities and we only had a week's worth of food and clothing to deal with, and no pets either - it wouldn't be realistic to think we could live that way all the time, but I do so want to be less cluttered - so I am following your progress and wishing you very well!